The ILM Z501 is the best-selling helmet of the brand, and it has indeed been through the most "Accidents".
- High-quality ABS shell, high-density eps foam;
- Meets or exceeds DOT and ECE-22.06 Safety Standards.
What to check when you get a new helmet:
When you purchase a new helmet, it's important to check a few key things to ensure it is safe to use.
First, check the helmet's certification label to ensure it meets safety standards, such as DOT or ECE22.06.（The Z501 in the following pictures have passed the ECE22.06 test of the European standard and the DOT test of the American standard respectively）
Next, make sure the helmet fits snugly and comfortably, without any pressure points or gaps. At the same time, you also need to try on the helmet after you receive it to see if the size of the helmet meets your requirements and if you need to exchange it.
- The Z501 is available in 12 colors.
- New color: Chameleon Purple looks great under the light!
- Each helmet comes with plated lenses with pinlocks and regular lenses
Preparing your helmet before a ride:
Before you start your ride, there are a few things you should do to prepare your helmet. First, make sure the chin strap is securely fastened and adjusted to fit snugly under your chin.
Check the visor or face shield for any scratches or cracks that could impair your vision. If the visor or face shield is removable, remove it and clean it with a soft cloth and mild soap or specialized cleaner.
Investigations have shown that obstructed vision is a significant contributing factor in multiple motorcycle accidents. Ensuring that your sun visor is unobstructed is a crucial aspect to consider. Pinlock enhances your visibility and ensures that your visor remains fog-free, particularly in challenging weather conditions.
- Pinlock 30 Insert for winter/cold weather use, prevent fogging up while ridding.
- Compatible with ILM Pinlock prepared helmets. Model: ILM-909F, ILM-817, ILM-129，ILM-Z501.
Finally, inspect the helmet's vents and ensure they are clean and unobstructed.
- Multiple vents designed to ensure air circulation
- Removable and washable inner lining, using comtex technology, the material is soft and skin-friendly, quickly absorbs sweat and keeps you dry at all times
Maintaining and storing your helmet after a ride:
After riding, remember to clean the surface of your helmet with a soft, damp cloth and store it in a cool, dry place. This will ensure that your helmet can continue to function properly.
- It can be placed on such a shelf, or the helmet can be placed in a cabinet to avoid dust. The most important thing is to avoid direct sunlight.
Do not modify your helmet
When it comes to helmet maintenance, there is one point that people often overlook: do not modify your helmet. Nowadays, some riders like to modify their helmets, not only externally but also by altering critical components such as the ventilation system or the lining. This can potentially compromise the helmet's intended design and safety features, which are carefully considered by ILM's development team for each helmet model.
We encourage you to express your individuality while prioritizing safe riding by adding stickers to the exterior of your helmet. However, we do not recommend installing braids or altering other components, as this may increase the risk of accidents. Remember the reason we mentioned earlier for accidents: obstructed vision, and installing braids may increase this risk.
To avoid accidents, we hope you regularly check your helmet, including the ventilation ports, chinstrap, and visor operation.The more thorough the inspection, the longer your helmet can be ensured for use. Most importantly, do not overly modify your helmet. Safe riding has always been the primary goal of ILM's establishment. We hope this article can be helpful to you.