1.Can motorcycle helmets cause baldness?
When it comes to helmets, all motorcycle enthusiasts will be particularly concerned about one issue, and that is, the frequent wearing of motorcycle helmets will lead to hair loss?
Firstly, it's important for everyone to understand the two main causes of hair loss: androgenetic alopecia and seborrheic dermatitis. The causes of androgenetic alopecia are genetics, hormonal imbalances, and aging, which are unrelated to wearing helmets. On the other hand, seborrheic dermatitis is a common cause of hair loss, and improper helmet usage can contribute to its development. This is why some people associate helmet-wearing with hair loss. So, how can we prevent helmet-related hair loss?
- Breathable and comfortable liners
The removable, replaceable and washable inner liner of ILM motorcycle helmet, Ultra soft and comfortable, can better fit your face and head.
ILM 129M motorcycle helmet liner
- The right size helmet
Wearing an excessively large ILM motorcycle helmet is highly unsafe for the wearer, significantly reducing the helmet's safety performance. Conversely, wearing an ILM motorcycle helmet that is too small not only causes discomfort but also compresses the scalp, leading to hair loss.
For example, before buying a ILM motorcycle helmet, you need to choose the size that best suits you according to the ILM motorcycle helmet size chart.
2.Can motorcycle helmets stop bullets?
Generally speaking, standard motorcycle helmets like ILM, are not designed or tested to stop bullets. Bulletproof helmets, which are specifically designed to provide ballistic protection, exist and are used in specialized fields such as military and law enforcement. These helmets are made with ballistic-resistant materials such as aramid fibers or ballistic steel, and they undergo rigorous testing to meet specific ballistic protection standards.
The main functions of ILM motorcycle helmets are:
- Prevention of Impact Injuries: ILM motorcycle helmets are made of ABSmaterials that can withstand collisions and impacts. This helps reduce the force of impact on the head and lowers the risk of cranial and brain injuries.
- Cushioning and Dispersion of Impact Forces: The interior of the ILM motorcycle helmet typically includes padding and EPS foam materials that can absorb and disperse impact forces. This helps protect the head from direct impact and reduces the impact on the brain.
- Protection against External Objects: The ILM motorcycle helmet's shell also serves to prevent external objects such as stones, branches, insects, etc., from causing harm to the head. It provides a physical barrier, reducing the risk of head injuries.
- Providing Vision and Wind Protection: ILM motorcycle helmets often come with visors that protect the eyes from wind, dust, insects, and other elements. They also provide a clear field of vision, enhancing the safety of the rider.
In general, standard ILM motorcycle helmets are not intended or designed to offer ballistic protection, and relying on them for such purposes would be unsafe.
Welcome to leave your comments and participate in our discussion!